Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Holidays...

Thought of the Week: Question...who is cheery, checks to see if kids are naughty or nice, and gives great gifts??? Its TEACHERS of course (you thought I was going to say Santa)! We have the opportunity to give students the greatest gift on a daily basis. The love of learning should never be underestimated. Amy and I choose to give our nephews books for Christmas. Our hope is that when the excitement of all the expensive gizmos and gadgets are gone, the books will remain. Our hope is that they will read them and see that reading can open their future to whatever they choose. Lofty goals for "Five Little Monkeys", but we have high expectations :)

Next week I will be around with a special gift for each of you. I want you to know that I appreciate all of your efforts to make our school the greatest it can be. Amy, Breckyn and I are very blessed to be a part of a wonderful family and community. From our family to yours, we hope you have a Merry Christmas! (and don't forget to read a book)

No comments:

Post a Comment